NIVAH – A Social Sector Initiative
NIVAH, the anagram which stands for Nurture, Inspire, Values/Vouch, Assist, Human, was formed in 2015 to make the students of DMS, IIT Delhi socially responsible by introducing a compulsory course in the curriculum wherein the students have to spend mandatory 28 hours working with some NGO or Corporates in their social sector related projects. A team was thus formed to assist the students obtain Social Sector related projects and float opportunities to the students as and when applicable.
Nivah aims at sensitizing students in order to build the future leaders. The philosophy of Nivah is built on creating awareness about societal issues through interactive sessions, awareness campaigns and voluntary opportunities. Through NIVAH, we wish to sow the seed of social responsibility and the dedication to contribute selflessly to the society to continue the legacy of DMS
Faculty Coordinator and Current Team Structure
- The faculty coordinator for this year is Dr. Shuchi Sinha
- The coordinator of the committee is Riya Patni and the treasurer is Sarath Murali.
- The team consists of 6 executive members – Arjun Chattaraj, Balla Anurag, Nikhil Kumar Daya, Naushi Khare,
- Sneha Dinker and Sharun Kashyap.
Some Events that NIVAH organizes are CSR and sensitization conclaves, Social Sector Attachment programmes, NGO Interactions and Volunteering activities.
List of NGOs associated with NIVAH
These are some of the prominent NGOs that we are already associated with: Pratham, Ekam, Hunar, Tamana, CGnet Swara, Yodhhas, Arohan, Anannia, Last miles and Smiles and Helpage.
CSR Conclave – Saksham 2018
It was held on October 14th, 2017. The topic for the session was “CSR and its impact on Business Strategy”, where the esteemed panelists discussed about the importance of CSR and how it is influencing their business strategies as well as long term customer relations these days.
The panel members were:
- Mr. Sudipto Ghosh, Executive Director, Lenovo
- Ms. Smriti K Singh, Chief HR Officer and CSR Lead, Sony Pictures Networks India
- Mr. G Sekar, Head of Public Affairs & CSR, Eicher Motors Limited
Mr. Abhishek Ranjan, Head of CSR and Sustainability, Brillio
- Mr. Dillip Sahoo, Head CSR, TATA Power
- Mr. Parthasarathi Chandgar, Lead CSR, AkzoNobel
- Mr. Ravi Bhatnagar, Head External Affairs & Partenrships, RB
- Ms. Svetlana Pinto, Country Head Communications & CSR, Novartis
- Mr. Ajay Pandey, Founding Partner, Thinkthrough Consulting
- Dr. Shuchi Sinha, Faculty Co-ordinator, NIVAH
Social Impact Summit – CSR to CSV
The summit was focussed on the theme – “From CSR to CSV-A new perspective” and was organized on 2nd October 2017. The panelists here discussed as to how the creation of a valued atmosphere is more important in today’s organizations rather than just a responsibility sharing model.
The panel members were:
- Ms. Deepanwita Chakraborty, Director, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainable Development, Cargill
- Mr. Sameer Mathur, Senior Manager, Accenture Strategy
- Mr. Sriraman PK, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Helpage India
- Mr. Aishwarya Saxena, Deputy VP, Aviva life insurance
- Mr. Kaizim Rizvi, Founder Director, The Dialogue
- Ms. Jyotsna Bhatnagar, Private Sector Partnership Officer, UN World Food Programme
- Mr. Prashant Chopra, Associate VP, Hero Fincorp
- Mr. Arindam Saha, Associate Director, PwC India
- Dr. Shuchi Sinha, Associate Professor, DMS, IIT Delhi
IDRC Workshop 2017
A session in collaboration with IDRC was organized by NIVAH for discussing the importance of research for development in a shifting Global Context.
Some snaps of past year’s events (2016-2017)