Prof. Biswajita Parida
(FPM, IIM Ahmedabad)
Prof. Biswajita Parida is an Assistant Professor in Marketing at the Department of Management Studies at IIT Delhi. She is a fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM A). She has taught at various B-schools including XLRI Jamshedpur, IIM Sambalpur, and NMIMS Mumbai. Her research interests are in the area of Consumer Behavior, Advertising, and Branding (Advertising scheduling and placement, Children and Advertisement, Meaning making: of the brands, by the brands, and for the brands, Consumer decision making under pressure of time, place, and company). She has presented her work at various national and international conferences. Her teaching interests include Integrated Marketing Communication, Product and Brand Management, Evolution of Consumer Behavior, Marketing Management, Technology and Marketing etc.
- Prof. Tirath Gupta memorial award for best thesis at IIM Ahmedabad (2018)
- Best Paper award in National Academy of Psychology Convention(NAOP 2016)
- Winner of International Case Masters (ICM), the “Case Writing Competition” at Confluence, the largest B-school meet in Asia Pacific (2015)
- Sharma, D. & Parida, B., “Determinants of Conflict in Channel Relationships: A Meta-analytic Review,” Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing (“A” in ABDC list, DOI: 10.1108/JBIM-08-2016-0195).
- Parida, B. & Gupta, V., “Effects of Non-conformity on Perceived Status and Competence: Examining the Moderating Role of Physical Attractiveness”, Psychological Studies. (DOI: 10.1007/s12646-017-0410-1).
- Dash, S., Parida, B., & Sharma, D. “Rights, Responsibilities, and Duty: Comparing Indian and Western Perspectives,”International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics (under review).
- Parida, B. & Mohan, A. (2017). Garang Metal Limited: Market Entry into Angola. HBS No. STG-1-0045, STG-1-0045A. ET Cases, India: Economic Times.
- Parida, B. (2013). Presence of Children in Advertisements and its impact on Consumers’ Purchase Behaviour, 3rd Biennial Conference of the Indian Academy of Management (IAM), 2013.
- Freelance Content Writer for Design Bids, Digital Edge (2015)
- Content analysis to study the “Green Advertising” in magazines by the multinational companies (2015)
- Data analysis and Reporting for the project titled “India International Trade Fair” by Govt. of India (2014)
- Facilitated a study in collaboration with researcher from Washington University in St. Louis, United States to examine the role of individual differences in negotiation effectiveness (2014)
- TATA Consultancy Services (TCS): 2008-2012
Phone: (091) 011-2654-8430