Why Recruit @DMS
For nearly three decades, Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi has been delivering effective and competent managerial minds to the corporate world by training and educating the youth not only with quality management education but also with values and ethics that have taken a forefront in the current scenario. Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi emphasizes on methodological course curriculum which would inculcate in students skills and ability to make high level decisions with broad strategic vision. The blend of practical and theoretical knowledge imparted here enables the students to have a global perspective and respond effectively to changes in the dynamic environment.
One of the strengths of the department is the highly innovative and adept teaching faculty which comprises renowned professors with impressive academic, administrative and industrial experience. The faculty members adopt teaching styles that give students a chance to excel in individual as well as team efforts. The pedagogy ranges from analytical methods of solving managerial problems to case study based participatory learning methods.
In this era of globalization with fast disappearing boundaries, it is essential for the managers to have an all around perspective of any situation. Global Field Study, student exchange program at Department of Management Studies, takes up the onus of acclimatizing the students to the changing contours of today’s business world by promoting productive sharing of intellectual capital through student exchange programs and co-designing the future of business education.
Some of the distinctive talking points about DMS, IIT Delhi are:
- Focus on Term Projects in every academic course, enabling the students to work on multiple industry live projects special Focus on Telecommunications Systems Management through its two year full time programme.
- Consulting Projects with Government departments like department of education, department of science and technology, etc with an active participation from students
- International and National Conferences on Emerging issues in Business Management.
- Student- Faculty Ratio (6:1)
- Winter Internship
- Excellent management research base with the highest number of Phd. alumni-activities.html in the country. The department has awarded more than 100 PhDs in 25 years of its existence.
- World class Library infrastructure with an extensive collection of books, journals and working papers. Great emphasis on e-Access to online databases like EBSCO, Capitaline, ISI Emerging Markets, Euromonitor (GMID) etc.
Build a Relationship with DMS
At DMS, we believe in initiating and forging lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with organizations from the corporate world. And we are not talking just placements here. Industry interaction is as integral a part of DMS as is academic rigour. DMS keeps its students constantly engaged with the industry to help them understand and appreciate the management styles, techniques, and challenges in the real business world. Guest lectures, live projects, workshops, and company presentations are some of the ways in which the industry engages with DMS.
A fruitful relationship can be initiated with us in the following ways:
- Offer a Live Project
- Conduct a Guest Lecture
- Invite Students for an Industrial Visit
- Invite the Placement Committee for a Discussion
- Conduct a Company Presentation
Mayank Joshi (Coordinator)